Recipe by JLBurnell
I came across this recipe from a lady who owns the Bar-B-Que Caboose. I am posting it for safe keeping because my dad loves jambalaya, and I want to try this sometime. Estimated time.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 12 Polish sausage, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, chopped
- 1 pint chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup of diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and bell peppers and sauté 10–15 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the sausages to the pan and sauté for about 5 minutes longer.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir to mix well, cover and simmer over low heat for about 90 minutes.
- Serve over rice.