Samantha Goldstein's Note:
Great for dinners parties or a romantic dinner for two. Very easy to make and full of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thin-sliced boneless chicken cutlet
- 3 -4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I prefer extra virgin)
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1Heat medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Clean and trim fat off chicken cutlets.
- 3Add 1 or 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and 0.125 cup of olive oil to the pan.
- 4Next, heat another medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- 5For the eggplant: While the first frying pan is warming, beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- 6Wash the eggplant and cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 7Place bread crumbs on a separate plate.
- 8Now, add the chicken to the first frying pan (with the butter and oil), salt and pepper the chicken to taste and brown on both sides.
- 9Make sure it's cooked through.
- 10Once they are finished, transfer to separate plate and keep warm.
- 11Continue until all chicken cutlets are cooked.
- 12Add enough vegetable oil to the other frying pan to cover the bottom.
- 13Dip the eggplant first in the egg then in the breadcrumbs, covering both sides.
- 14Place eggplant in frying pan and cook.
- 15Transfer to separate plate and keep warm.
- 16Continue until you've cooked enough eggplant.
- 17When all the chicken is finished cooking, add 1/2 cup of water to the hot pan and scrape all remains from the bottom, mix with the water.
- 18Put on high heat, bring to a boil, and let reduce for a couple of minutes.
- 19Add 1/2 cup white wine or white cooking wine.
- 20Let boil and reduce until about half.
- 21Put on low heat.
- 22When all the eggplant is cooked, heat a broiler, place one layer of chicken, top with eggplant, and then mozzarella cheese.
- 23Broil until cheese is melted.
- 24Transfer to plate, pour sauce (distribute evenly among plates) over chicken.
- 25Viola, serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Samantha's Fabulous Chicken and Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1465.6
- Calories from Fat 890
- Total Fat 98.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 339.7 mg
- Sodium 1298.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 77.1 g