Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
My neighbor's jokingly refer to this as Salmon Brulee - yum yum! This is very impressive looking when done, not to mention easy. You can buy untreated cedar planks at a lumber yard. It should be about an inch thick with at least an inch border. Keep a spray water bottle on hand, just in case of a flare-up. Really yummy served with warm croissants.
- 1 cedar plank
- 1 whole salmon fillet
- olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 -3 cups brown sugar
- Soak plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Place salmon on plank and rub top lightly with oil, and sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Cover salmon with brown sugar.
- Place board with salmon on heated grill and close lid.
- For a filet about an inch at its thickest and depending on how good your barbeque is, it will grill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- The plank sides may flare up during cooking this is no big deal as long as you keep the salmon about an inch away from the edges.
- Remove and serve.
i watched him on TV and it was very easy, but was way too sweet. Have another salmon filet and was reviewing the recipe,,, thinking of doing something more like teriyaki planked this time to avoid the sweetness.