Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sam Choy is one of my favorite chefs. This is a classic dish in Hawaii. Has a nice slightly sweet taste to it. And only 2 steps. Very Easy....
- 5 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut in large cubes
- 3 cups safflower oil or 3 cups cottonseed oil or 3 cups corn oil, for deep-frying
- 1⁄2 cup mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken overnight in refrigerator.
- Allow excess marinade to drip off each piece before putting into oil.
- deep-fry until done.