Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking From the Heart by Sam Choy.
Make and share this Sam Choy's Island French Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 medium maui onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Mix all ingredients except oil in a blender on puree setting for about 1 minute, then begin adding oil slowly.
- Readjust seasonings and blend for about 2 minutes after adding all the oil.
- Total blending time will be 3 to 4 minutes.
I made this for the kids and I and it was just a bit too tangy. I had already used 1/4 cup less vinegar than called for and replaced that with a 1/4 cup of canola oil. I liked the seasoning I just have to get the vinegar/oil/sugar ratio to our liking.