1/2 Photos of Sam Choy's Captain Crunch Chicken
Taken from hawaiinewsnow.com. Time to marinate IS NOT included in prep/cook time. Posted for ZWT. ETA: I have now made this chicken, tho I used boneless skinless breasts, as it is what I had on hand. The Cap'n Crunch cereal makes a tasty breading, and the marinade imparts a nice underlying flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Captain Crunch in a Ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin until finely crushed. Set aside.
- 2Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste before lightly dusting with flour.
- 3Place chicken in a mixing bowl and add shoyu, garlic, ginger, and egg.
- 4Mix until combined and allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5Roll chicken in crushed cereal and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 7Cut into strips or desired size and serve with ranch dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sam Choy's Captain Crunch Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 1027.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 34.3 g