Recipe by alligirl
Taken from hawaiinewsnow.com. Time to marinate IS NOT included in prep/cook time. Posted for ZWT. ETA: I have now made this chicken, tho I used boneless skinless breasts, as it is what I had on hand. The Cap'n Crunch cereal makes a tasty breading, and the marinade imparts a nice underlying flavor.
Top Review by I'mPat
Well I am giving this 5 on a number of reasons first of all I used chicken breast as the DH hates thigh meat which I would have preferred and well he his not enhanced with cereal as a crumb coating but he liked this one but please note we cannot get Cap'n Crunch Cereal here in Australia so I used Kellogs Special K which has a much lower GI factor in Australia to America (around mid range here in Australia) which I processed in the food processor to as fine as I could but even then I would say was grainy but still crumbed well. The marinade made the difference in the recipe and I think more than 30 minutes would do it better justice especially if doing chicken breasts. Anyway my chicken breasts were large about 275g to 300g and at 45 minutes at 175C fan forced oven were perfect and moist and the crumbs nice and crunchy. I served for the DH, DS and myself with recipe #175979 and the DM got ranch dressing and we all enjoyed our chicken, thank you alligirl, made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces Cap'n Crunch cereal (small box)
- ranch salad dressing, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Captain Crunch in a Ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin until finely crushed. Set aside.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste before lightly dusting with flour.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl and add shoyu, garlic, ginger, and egg.
- Mix until combined and allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Roll chicken in crushed cereal and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut into strips or desired size and serve with ranch dressing.