Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I cut this out of a gas and electric bill a lot of years ago. It is great.
Make and share this Salvation Army-Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Butter all of the bread slices and cut into cubes.
- Place in a buttered, 3-quart casserole dish.
- Scald milk over medium heat.
- Stir all other ingredients in warm milk, except sugar, raisins and nuts.
- Pour mixture over buttered bread cubes.
- Stir in raisins, nuts and brown sugar.
- Top with pats of butter.
- Place casserole dish in shallow pan of water.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until lightly browned on top.
The flavor is very good. But mine turned out a little dry. I will make this again because the flavor is so good but next time I will make more liquid.
There are days when only BREAD PUDDING will do and today was a cold-winter one-of-them. This recipe made the sun shine! Thank you Sally-Ann ... or whomever ... for a splendid pudding.
This tastes great! Loved it. Thank you for sharing!