1/1 Photo of Salvadorian Quesadilla Cake
No, no tortillas were harmed in the making of this cake. It is similar to a pound cake and gets its unique flavor from a small amount of parmesan cheese. I was first introduced to this cake by my friend Rina and was so happy when I stumbled upon the recipe. It is especially good with coffee for breakfast. From Gourmet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising, sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 ounce finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Line bottom and sides of 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- 2Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat butter and sugar in another bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and cheese.
- 3Reduce speed to low and mix in milk. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- 4Transfer batter to pan and smooth top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using). Bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 5Cool to warm in pan, 20 to 30 minutes. Turn cake out onto a rack. Serve cake slightly warm or at room temperature.
- 6Cooks' note:
- 7Cake keeps in an airtight container at room temperature 3 days.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salvadorian Quesadilla Cake
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g