Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
The holidays are not the same if my turkey doesn't come with a savory sauce, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 13 lbs turkey
- 20 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 chilies, morron (dehydrated red bell pepper)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 3 -4 potatoes
- 3 1⁄4 ounces capers
- 5 1⁄2 ounces green olives, with seed
- 1 cup butter
- 16 ounces chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 large onion white
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 (30 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bag whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven 350.
- Mix in a bowl.- Dijon mustard - Worcestershire - Capers Drained - salt and pepper (not whole) -1/2 jar of mayo - stick of butter at room temp so it mixes.
- Dry the turkey so the mix will stick to it, using your hands not a cooking brush cover the Turkey inside and out with the mix.
- Place the turkey breast side down and bake for an Hour.
- Boil the Roma Tomatoes, salt and pepper (not the whole pepper).
- Heat a pan and toast the sesame seeds, bay leaves, whole black peppers, garlic and the chilies.
- Place the following items in a blender; Roma Tomatoes,Bay leaves, Sesame seeds, Morron chilies, Garlic Cloves, 1 cup of water, whole black peppers and set aside.
- Dice the following items; onion, carrots, potatoes.
- Then drain the olives and chickpeas.
- After the turkey has baked for the first hour flip it over on it's back and pour the blended mix over it.
- Arrange the olives and chickpeas around the turkey and cover with aluminum foil.
- Baste the turkey periodically.
- After the second hour place potatoes, carrots and onion around the turkey.
- Remove foil and bake for another ½ hour to an hour.