Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't be fooled by the Quesadilla in the title. This is not like Mexican Quesadillas. This is a sweet bread or muffin that is served often with coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add the melted butter a little at a time, then the eggs one at a time, alternating with the milk until you form a soft paste.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish or a greased muffin tin (12 muffins) and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or coffee or alone.
Love this recipe but we use feta cheese instead. Great with a fresh cup of coffee. Definitely not low fat. MMMM brings back great memories.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Our friends from El Salvador serve this with Pupusas, and it is wonderful! One note- either use fresh grated parmesan or canned grated parmesan. DO NOT use canned shredded parmesan (the kind you get in the refrigerated section), because it doesn't melt into the batter, and makes the texture a little weird.
i love the salvadoran quesadillas. thank for the recipe