Posted for ZWT7 Central & South America. "Don’t expect cheese and tortillas. Instead, think poundcake. Think happy mornings, popping a few too many quesadillas in your mouth. In El Salvador they eat rich, buttery quesadillas in the morning with a big cup of coffee and I suggest you do the same. You’ll love the slight crunch of the sesame seeds in combination with the sweet/salty cake." From, globaltableadventure.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gather your ingredients, then preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3Meanwhile, in a standing mixer, cream the butter with sugar.
- 4Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Beat until fully incorporated and scrape down the sides.
- 5Then add the sour cream.
- 6Once you’ve whisked that in, add the rice flour mixture.
- 7‘Don’t forget the cheese, please!
- 8Spoon into greased cupcake tins. Leave some room for them to rise up (they aren’t meant to have “muffin tops” though).
- 9Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 10Bake at 350F for about 15-20 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes and pop out of the tins.
- 11Eat at room temperature with a big cuppa coffee.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salvadoran Quesadilla (Sweet Breakfast Cake, Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: