Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT7 Central & South America. "Don’t expect cheese and tortillas. Instead, think poundcake. Think happy mornings, popping a few too many quesadillas in your mouth. In El Salvador they eat rich, buttery quesadillas in the morning with a big cup of coffee and I suggest you do the same. You’ll love the slight crunch of the sesame seeds in combination with the sweet/salty cake." From, globaltableadventure.com.
- Gather your ingredients, then preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Meanwhile, in a standing mixer, cream the butter with sugar.
- Drop in the eggs, one at a time. Beat until fully incorporated and scrape down the sides.
- Then add the sour cream.
- Once you’ve whisked that in, add the rice flour mixture.
- ‘Don’t forget the cheese, please!
- Spoon into greased cupcake tins. Leave some room for them to rise up (they aren’t meant to have “muffin tops” though).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350F for about 15-20 min, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes and pop out of the tins.
- Eat at room temperature with a big cuppa coffee.