I came up with this one morning when making breakfast for my girlfriend. We had some random odds and ends but hey, that's what good cooking is about, right? The range is my aisle and that morning a portrait was painted on my non-stick canvace. I hope you enjoy this as much as she did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon white onion, diced
- 1 leaf fresh basil, chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 6 whole capers
- mixed salad green
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1Cook bacon and chop into bits. Set aside.
- 2In a medium pan, heat the olive oil with a gentle heat. When oil is to temperature, add the onions. Sweat them until nearly translucent then add garlic, chopped capers, 50/50 salad mix and freshly chopped basil. Stir constantly until done.
- 3Just before removing from heat, add the splash of lemon juice and saute for an additional 1 1/2-2 minutes before setting the pan aside, covering it with a lid to keep contents warm.
- 4Coat a medium sized pan with the butter. Heat pan over medium heat until butter begins to froth. Add the egg mix and reduce heat to medium low. Sprinkle on half the cheese and cover.
- 5When cheese is melted, spread filling over omelet. Add half of what's left of the cheddar, 1 tablespoon feta, 1 tablespoon shaved parmesan and half the bacon bits, fold it in half and slide it off the pan and onto the plate. Garnish with the remaining cheese, whole capers, dried cranberries and chopped bacon. Serve hot and, Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salty Sweet Three Cheese Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.0
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 652.2 mg
- Sodium 1291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: