Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) envelopebetty crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 60 small pretzel twists (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry-roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Spread dough in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat filling ingredients over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.
- Remove from heat.
- As soon as pan is removed from oven, press pretzels firmly into partially baked base, slightly overlapping pretzels.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts evenly over pretzels.
- Pour caramel filling over top; spread evenly.
- Bake 20 minutes longer until caramel filling bubbles.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until melted.
- Dip fork into melted chocolate; drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered at room temperature.