Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from a Company's Coming recipe book, that I haven't tried, but didn't want to lose. I hope it's good!
- 1⁄2 cup hard margarine, softened (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup hard margarine (or butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Cream first amount of margarine, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl. Add egg. Beat well.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in small bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture. Mix until no dry flour remains.
- Line 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) pan with foil, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) overhang on 2 sides. Grease foil with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- Bake in 350F (175C) oven for about 15 minutes until edges are golden.
- Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Bake for about 2 minutes until marshmallows start to puff.
- Let stand in pan on wire for 10 minutes.
- Heat and stir next 4 ingredients in large saucepan on medium for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
- Add cereal and peanuts. Stir well.
- Immediately spread evenly over marshmallows.
- Chill for about 1 hour until firm.
- Holding foil, remove mixture from pan. Discard foil.
- Cuts into 40 squares.