Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Dry-roasted cashews add a salty spin to classic butterscotch-chip cookies. Warning, these can become addictive! I've made them fairly diabetic friendly but the regular ingredients are also given.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, low sat fat (or butter, softened )
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or 1 cup white sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup packed Splenda sugar substitute, brown blend (or 1 cup brown sugar )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (or 2 eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or unbleched all-purpose flour)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted roasted cashews
- 2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add The sweetening of your choice (Splenda or regular sugars), baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Stir in cashews and butterscotch chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 48 cookies.
- Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Anna, awesome cookies. These little treats were perfection. l loved the sweet, salty flavors in this cookie. The cashews are a wonderful addition. The texture and flavor of the cookie is spot on. Thank you so much for sharing another winner. Into my personal keeper box this goes. My favorite cookies from this years tins.
We love snacking on salty roasted cashews, so this recipe was a definite draw for me, & the butterscotch/cashew combo was so very satisfying! I did share half of 'em (along with half of another batch of cookies)with those in one of the weekly meetings my other half attends, but we had plenty to keep us going right here at home, too! And, I have the recipe that I'll be keeping around, too! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]