1/1 Photo of Salty-Sweet Butterscotch Cookies
Dry-roasted cashews add a salty spin to classic butterscotch-chip cookies. Warning, these can become addictive! I've made them fairly diabetic friendly but the regular ingredients are also given.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine, low sat fat (or butter, softened )
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or 1 cup white sugar)
- 1/2 cup packed Splenda sugar substitute, brown blend (or 1 cup brown sugar )
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg white (or 2 eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or unbleched all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted roasted cashews
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add The sweetening of your choice (Splenda or regular sugars), baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- 4Add egg whites and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Stir in cashews and butterscotch chips.
- 5Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 48 cookies.
- 8Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salty-Sweet Butterscotch Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g