1/1 Photo of Salty Peanut Chews
These sticky, chewy candies are positively addictive. They'll keep, covered in the refrigerator, for 1 week. They remind me of a candy I had, growing up in Canada, called 'eatmores' or something like that (a LONG time ago). If anyone remembers the name of this candy/confection, I'd love to know it. From the LCBO magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a large baking dish.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine the corn syrup, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Continue stirring constantly while boiling for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, salt, oats and peanuts.
- 6Scrape mixture into buttered baking dish.
- 7When cool enough to handle, butter your hands and press mixture evenly into baking dish.
- 8Refrigerate 3 hours.
- 9Let sit at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- 10Heat a sharp knife by dipping it in a tall container filled with hot water and use it to cut peanut chews into squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salty Peanut Chews
Serving Size: 1 (1296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 95.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g