Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I double the mixture when I make these. They are so simple to make.
- 6 ounces flour
- to taste milk (to glaze)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ounces butter
- to taste eggs (to glaze) or to taste milk (to glaze)
- to taste salt (for sprinkling)
- Sieve flour and salt and rub in the butter.
- Gradually mix with milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out VERY thinly, brush lightly with beaten egg or milk and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 400 F for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cheers, Doreen Randal,Wanganui,New Zealand.
These are delicious! I tried them for the first time and wasn't sure whether putting milk on them to glaze would make them soggy or not, but it makes a huge difference! Anyway, this'll be a favorite of mine for a long time.
Wasn't really sure what to expect with these little biscuits, but they were quite good. They are a cracker type biscuit, and I think that next time, I am going to sprinkle a little garlic powder on top before I bake them. Thanks for the recipe.