25 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This will not of coarse remove all the salt from the ham but it will intensely reduce the salty flavor after it is cooked, you must use a fully cooked ham for this --- plan ahead the ham must be refrigerated 24 hours before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any visible fat from the surface of the ham and place cut-side down into a roasting pan.
- 2Pour enough milk over the ham so that it ends up about 1/4-inch deep in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- 3Use your hands to pack the ham in a generous coating of brown sugar.
- 4Cover the brown sugar with a layer of crushed pineapple packed in the same manner (it's okay to have a few bare spots but try to cover as best you can).
- 5Cover the ham with heavy foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 6When ready to cook the ham preheat oven to 350°F for 10 minutes.
- 7Leave the foil on the ham and roast for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove the foil and baste with any juices that are on the bottom of the pan.
- 9Continue roasting for another 35-40 minutes or until the ham is heated through.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salty Ham... No More!
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.7 mg
- Sodium 4630.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 70.0 g