Recipe by Buddha's Boy
This is from "The Lady and Sons Just Desserts" cookbook. If you make them with the chocolate coating, they taste just like a Baby Ruth candy bar.
- 1 (13 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups salted peanuts, coarsley chopped
- 8 ounces chocolate chips, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butterscotch chips in a glass bowl in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. remove and stir in marshmallow cream and powdered milk. Add vanilla and stir well. Mixture will be very thick.
- At this point, use your hands and knead like you would bread dough. Roll walnut sized pieces of the mixture into a log shape the size of your little finger. Place on waxed paper to set.
- Melt caramels and milk together in a glass dish in the microwave on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Stir well.
- Using your fingers, carefully (as caramel is HOT) dip the log candies into the caramel mixture. Roll immediately in the chopped nuts, then place them back onto the waxed paper to harden.
- OPTIONAL: Dip the candies into some melted chocolate after final setting.