Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Not only is this salty, but it's buttery-garlicky, too. And if you use buttery pretzels, all the better! Make plenty for your next party!
Top Review by alligirl
This was good, and different. I think it would be great to take on a trip; my DS (5yo) helped with the measuring of the dry ingredients. I used 2 bags of microwave light butter popcorn, pulling 6 cups out of them. I think some honey roasted peanuts, thrown in a the end, would add a foil (sweet) to the salty flavor. I will be making this again! Thanks, EdsGirlAngie, for sharing.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup pretzel (any shape, buttery is better!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan (or in the microwave), melt the butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger.
- Place the popped corn, chow mein noodles and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Bake the mixture uncovered for about 40 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.