Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
EASY.....and the saltiness with the sweet chocolate is divine. Use very good quality chocolates, like Ghiardelli or better, for best results.
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate
- 3 (4 ounce) bars white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted, 8-10 minutes.
- Decrease oven temperature to 225 degrees.
- Line a 17" x 12" jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Break each chocolate bar into 8 equal pieces. You will have 48 pieces total. Arrange in a checkboard pattern in jelly roll pan, alternating white and dark chocolate. Pieces will touch each other like puzzle pieces.
- Bake chocolate for 5 minutes or just until melted. Remove pan to a wire rack. Swirl chocolates into a marble pattern using a wooden pick. Sprinkle chocolate evenly with toasted pecans and salt.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. Break chocolate into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to one month.
My3Chefs fall 2008. I made these the other night whilst making another recipe for this contest. Siilar ingrediants. I used German Premium Chocolate (Aldi's) and a mix of pecans and almonds. I was unsure about the coarse salt but did it anyway and WOW it really does give you a flavor meltdown. This too will be on my holiday trays. We are a family of chocoolics and each year I am required to make family trays of chocolate dishes. This will be there.