Recipe by Pinay0618
This website does not recognize Kraft caramel baking bits as an ingredient - that's what you need to make these cookies, not the full-sized caramel candies. Recipe is from Midwest Living magazine.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 (11 ounce) package Kraft caramels
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, the baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining flour. Stir in oats, caramel baking bits and pecans.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 1 1/2-inch mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 11 to 12 minutes, until the edges are light brown. (Centers will look under-cooked.) Cool on cookie sheets for 3 to 4 minutes or until cookies can be easily removed. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.