Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe from Minas Gerais, but are eaten all over Brazil. Eat them fresh. These will look more like doughnut holes than the typical torus-shaped doughnuts Americans make. There is also a sweet version made using sugar and cinnamon. Adapted from CookBrazil.com
- In a large bowl, mix in the eggs, green onions and salt.
- While mixing with a wood spoon add the flour, corn starch, baking powder and milk until you get a batter similar to thick cake batter.
- Preheat a deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees.
- Using two tablespoons, take a spoon of batter and scrape off the batter into the fryer using the second spoon.
- Fry about six doughnuts each time until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping just once for overall browning. (The doughnut will flip by itself). Remove the doughnuts from the oil and drain and serve.