Recipe by realbirdlady
Traditionally, on St. Sargis day, after fasting and not drinking water all day, young people eat a piece of salty bread right before bed. The person who brings them water in their dreams is the person they will marry. This recipe is from Armine A., a student at Hartashen Secondary School in Syunik, Armenia.
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 kg flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix yeast, salt, vinegar, eggs, oil and warm water.
- Pile up the flour, make a hole in the center, and pour the yeast mixture into it. Mix together using your hands and continue kneading for 8-10 minutes.
- Cover with a towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take the ball of dough and roll it out into a flat rectangle about 10 by 14 inches.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.