Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
A very easy, no-bake recipe that was given to me by a co-worker who's sister works in a university cafeteria and they serve this to the co-eds. Great idea for bake sales, school snacks, pot lucks...a good summer treat for the kids without heating up your kitchen. I'm guessing on the servings because you can cut them as small or as large as you would like them. The cooking time includes the one hour of cooling time.
- Combine syrup, sugar and peanut butter in a large pot.
- Warm, over medium heat, until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently; turn off heat.
- Fold in cereal and pretzels; mix to coat.
- Press mixture into a lightly buttered jelly roll pan or deep cooking sheet.
- Cut into desired size servings while mixture is still warm.
- Cool at room temperature, for approximately one hour, prior to serving.
I got a bunch of cereal on sale, and I wanted to make something to eat on those mornings you need to grab something and run out the door. This was very quick to make, and very tasty. This could also be a dessert or an afternoon pick me up. You could probably substitute and vary the cereal. My thought was to make Chex Mix, and then add the lovely peanut butter syrup to it. Now wouldn't that be heavenly. Thank you for posting this great recipe!