1 hr 20 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
An old childhood favorite during the holidays. My sister and I loved pulling this candy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter the sides of a 2 qt saucepan.
- 2Add to the pan the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt.
- 3Cook over med heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Continue cooking to 265 degrees (hard-ball stage) without stirring (mixture should boil gently over entire surface).
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in butter or margarine, flavoring and color.
- 7Pour into a buttered 15x10x1 inch pan.
- 8Cool about 20 minutes or until easily handled.
- 9Butter hands and pull candy until difficult to pull.
- 10Cut into fourths.
- 11Pull each piece into a long strand about 1/2 inch thick.
- 12Cut taffy into bite size pieces using buttered scissors.
- 13Wrap each piece in clear plastic or plastic wrap with a Christmas design.
- 14Store overnight.
Nutritional Facts for Saltwater Taffy
Serving Size: 1 (1003 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1290.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 1888.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 330.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 245.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: