Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a great fix for the salt cravers. It is also quite soft and hit the comfort spot.
Make and share this Saltuna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish
- 5 saltine crackers
- 1. Get a microwave safe bowl and put the can of tuna in it.I recommend that you don't drain it,or as little as possible.
- 2. Heat the tuna with a loose lid in the microwave for 50 seconds.
- 3. Take out the tuna and place your 5 crackers in a single layer over the tuna while it is still steaming.
- 4. Submerge the cracker into the tuna if you like break them.
- 5. Pop the tuna back into the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- 6. Now mix in the crackers until all is moist and softened.
- 7. Now you can add your salt and pepper or whatever you like with tuna fish, but I suggest you try it plain and then add what you prefer to it.
- 8. Enjoy.
Surprise, suprise, suprise!!! This was great and low in fat. I had to try it just out of curiosity. The extras were on the counter in case I thought they were needed ( pepper, thyme, etc.) I never used them. Plus, the calorie count on what I used was even lower @ 142 calories ( 15 of them from fat.) Thanks a bunch!
I just love tuna prepared this way. It is indeed comfort food, thanks for this recipe!!!!