Recipe by luvmybge
Why pay a high price for seasoned crackers when you can spend .89 cents for a big box of saltines and put your own toppings on them?
Top Review by BethH
The first batch I made most of the toppings fell off. I let the butter cool a bit and stirred in some garlic. The next batch with the thickened butter turned out much better. My crackers were 1.09 in the bargain bin at the bread store. When I tasted them out of the box I thought they tasted a little stale. They were still awesome made this way!!!!
- 72 saltines (about 2 sleeves, I use fat free)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and top with saltines.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Top with your choice of seasonings (I use them all).
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on plate.
- Serve with your favorite cheese or dip.
- Note: Don't be afraid to really load them up because some of the topping is going to fall off.