Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple yet delicious recipe that will keep your eaters coming back for more as well as asking for the recipe.
- Line cookie sheet with tin foil and lay saltines touching in a single layer. (If there is excess room on the cookie sheet, fold up the foil so the crackers stay close together and the butter doesn't seep away from the crackers.)
- Combine sugar and melted butter (the sugar will not dissolve). Evenly distribute mixture, being sure to cover all the crackers with some butter and sugar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. While baking, the butter will start to look frothy and bubbly. Be sure to remove from oven as soon as butter turns a light golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, push crackers together as they may of moved or overlapped while baking. Immediately sprinkle with peanut butter and chocolate morsels. Let sit a few minutes to melt then use a spatula to spread it over all the crackers.
- Top with pecans (pressing them with your hands into the chocolate will help them stick a little better) then cool in the refrigerator. Break into bite size pieces and store in a closed container.