Recipe by 4-H Mom
This is an old favorite of mine. I was going thru some of my recipes and found this one and decided to post.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 24 saltine crackers, crumbled but not fine
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, milk and butter in a large saucepan, bring to full boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add peanut butter, coconut, crackers and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered pan, 9 x 9 inches.
- Cut into squares. Makes about 2 1/2 pounds.