Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You can't even taste the crackers. These are so simple to make. They taste like toffee bars.
Make and share this Saltine Cracker Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Place 40 crackers in one layer on cookie sheet.
- In saucepan on low heat, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Heat until blended. Boil 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle cracker centers with chocolate chips.
- Place in oven until chips melt.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Cut while warm.
- Store on wax paper.
I just received this recipe from a family member and whipped it up. It's so fast and easy to make! Rather than cutting while warm, our copy of the recipe instructed us to put it in the fridge until cold and then broke them into bite-sized pieces, which worked out perfectly!
I made these and we loved them. I took some to a couple guys at work and they want more.
This cookie is very easy to make, be sure and CUT WHILE WARM. But I think they taste better after they have completly cooled, or even the next day. In my opinion, they would even be good without the chocolate chips & nuts. The toffee taste is good all on its own. A quick, inexpensive, tasty treat.