My friend shares this recipe that she found in her mother's recipe box a few months ago. Weber thinks it dates back to the 1930s. She made this unusual cake and says that it was quite good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3In a large bowl, beat 5 egg yolks with sugar.
- 4Place crackers in a plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin until crushed to fine crumbs.
- 5Add to sugar mixture.
- 6Add almonds, almond extract and salt and combine well.
- 7In another bowl, beat 5 egg whites until stiff and glossy.
- 8Fold into almond batter.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cake tests done; check at 30 to 35 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven.
- 11When cake is cool, remove sides of springform pan.
- 12Spread top of cake with apricot jam and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- 13Whip cream and spread over top of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saltine Cracker Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.1 mg
- Sodium 529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: