I am always on the look-out for Lo-Carb recipies. This chicken recipe is elegant, yet surprisingly easy and quick. It is full of flavor with a tasty surprise inside. Dana Carpender's Low-Carb cookbooks are the "bible" of cooking in our house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken in a large heavy zipper bag & pound until its 1/4 inch thick.
- 2When all breasts are pounded thin, place a layer of prosciutto followed by some shredded cheese over each one, and roll each breast up. Fasten w/ toothpicks.
- 3Melt the butter w/ the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken rolls & saute, turning occasionally until golden all over.
- 5Add the wine to the skillet, turn the burner to low, cover the skillet & simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Remove the rolls to a serving plate & cover to keep warm.
- 7Turn the burner up to high & boil the liquid in the skillet hard for 5 minutes, to reduce. Spoon over rolls & serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saltimbocca Gruyere
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.7 mg
- Sodium 224.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: