1/1 Photo of Saltimbocca Burgers
Karen in MA's Note:
From Every Day with Rachael Ray September 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground veal
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15 leaves fresh sage, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 1/4 pound)
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese (sliced or shredded)
- 8 slices semolina bread (1-inch thick)
- 2 cups chopped hearts romaine lettuce
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1In a medium bowl, mix the veal, garlic and sage; season with salt and pepper. Form 4 patties, pressing your thumb in the center of each burger to prevent it from bulging while cooking.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the burger patties and cook through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 4Top the burgers with the prosciutto and fontina. Cover the skillet to melt the cheese, about 3 minutes.
- 5While the burgers cook, toast the bread and set aside.
- 6In a medium bowl, dress the lettuce with the remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO and the lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Set each burger on a toasted bread slice; top with the romaine and another toasted bread slice.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saltimbocca Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.1
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 189.1 mg
- Sodium 738.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 48.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: