Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Saltgrass Steakhouse Garlic Mashed Potatoes can be made easily at home. You do not need a Garlic Roaster! You can make Saltgrass Steakhouse garlic mashed potatoes with a few simple ingredients you already have in your own kitchen. So why not make some Saltgrass Steakhouse Garlic Mashed potatoes at your next meal?
Top Review by Baby Kato
I love garlic mashed potatoes and these did not disappoint. So yummy, great garlic flavor, soft tender potatoes, just the way I love them. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again. It was quick and easy to make with great results. Just perfect served with spareribs and green beans. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game.
- 5 medium russet potatoes (wash and scrub potatoes, the peelings are left on)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened for rubbing on unbaked potatoes )
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fresh black pepper
- 1 whole head of garlic (measure out 1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic after the roasting process)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- After washing potatoes, rub potatoes with softened butter and place in a 375 degrees oven until potato is soft, when checked with a fork. The potatoes should take about a 1 – 1 1/4 hour. To prepare garlic cut the top of the head of garlic off so you can see garlic cloves with out any peelings covering them. Spoon the vegetable oil on top of garlic and wrap in foil. Place in oven while baking the potatoes. Garlic will take about 1/2 – 3/4 hour. Garlic should be soft and golden in color when finished baking. When garlic is removed from the oven cool slightly and squeeze soft garlic from head. Depending on the size of the cloves it should take about 4 – 5 cloves. The crushed garlic should measure out to be 1 1/2 teaspoons More garlic may be added for the hearty.
- When potatoes are done chop slightly and place in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, butter, pepper, and roasted garlic that have been mashed and measured. Add 1/2 cup milk. Beat with a electric mixer until fluffy. There will be little chunks of potatoes that will not be completely mashed. The small lumps and peelings will give these potatoes a hearty flavor.
- If potatoes seem to be to dry add little more milk.
- These potatoes will be a hit. They really are a great change from those same old French Fries with that favorite cut of steak.