Recipe by pickman
This boiled shrimp and avocado salsa inspired from the Saltgrass Steakhouse is an easy recipe to prepare that is perfect for a light appetizer.
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup yellow sweet onion, chopped fine
- 2⁄3 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, loosely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil shrimp in water just until shrimp turns pink. Remove from boiling water and allow shrimp to cool. Chop half of the shrimp into small pieces. In a medium sized bowl combine tomatoes, red onions, yellow onions, chili sauce, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, avocado and salt. Stir to combine. Add half of the shrimp to the vegetable mixture. If desired you can place the remaining shrimp on top for decoration or you can simply stir all of the shrimp into the salsa. Serve with chips.
- Heinz chili sauce is sold in most grocery stores. It is sold near the cocktail sauce. Personally I like to add extra cooked shrimp and avocado to this salsa.