1/1 Photo of Salted & Spiced Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
the accidental glutton's Note:
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen (www.smittenkitchen.com), this adult variation on Rice Krispie Treats is amazing! You'll love the slight nuttiness imparted by the brown butter & the hint of sea salt & spice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray an 8-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2In a large heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter over low heat. Keep a close eye on the butter, stirring constantly, until it turns a light caramel color and begins to smell nutty. Do not let the butter burn. Add the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows melt & the mixture is smooth.
- 3Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the salt & pinch of cayenne pepper, followed by the Rice Krispies. If your pot isn’t very big, I find that adding the cereal in two batches helps you not make as much of a mess on the floor!
- 4Quickly turn the mixture into prepared pan and press into edges and corners using a piece of waxed paper.
- 5Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salted & Spiced Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: