Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy for those that like the sweet/salty mix...throw in brownies, what's not to love!
Make and share this Salted Pretzel Caramel Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper (my preference) or grease with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Ingredients include the eggs, water and vegetable oil. Amounts may differ from the ingredients listed above.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Spreading until the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. Then add two even layers of pretzels, cover the entire surface. Carefully spoon the remaining brownie batter on top to cover the pretzels.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove and set on a cooling rack to cool.
- Spoon the caramel sauce onto the top of the brownies in an even layer. (If it is too thick, microwave for 30 seconds, make sure to remove the cap.
- Sprinkle the caramel with a few pinches of sea salt.
Tasty, but incredibly messy to eat. Good under ice cream! Followed as written but wasn't sure about the layers of brownie batter and pretzels. I made it like lasagna - 1/3 brownie, row of pretzels, 1/3 brownie, row of pretzels, and brownie, but I think it needed more brownie on top. Also I probably would break up the pretzels some and use thicker caramel than the smucker's ice cream topping I used.