Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Betty Crocker Cookie Cookbook that my mom used until it fell apart. She made these often and now I'm carrying on the tradition. The recipe states it makes 6 dozen but I always get 4 dozen. Guess my cookies are bigger than they're supposed to be!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Beat butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix flour, soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of greased glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes.