Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a old family recipe. My mom had it in her old family cookbook not sure who it is from. I think it was the chrs side.
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup lard or 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine sugar, eggs, lard and vanilla in a bowl.
- Then combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl; mix well.
- Next combine both bowls.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet, flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes, or till golden brown.