Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was my great-gramma's...a family fave. Don't let the ingredients fool you-they're delicious!
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix in order above.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and press down.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan 2 minutes.
I loved these! Mine were done at 9 minutes. Nice texture. I had been looking for a recipe to use up a leftover box of cereal. Thanks for the recipe F-16 Momma...
Very good. Can't stop eating them. I have used both salted peanuts and spanish peanuts.