Recipe by nnreq
What a treat. If you're a nut lover this is wonderful.
Top Review by dayla
These are absolutely fantastic. I have made these a number of times and they are always a hit. One time in college I made these and while snowed in my friends and I devoured a whole pan. Wonderful cobination of sweet and salty. Perfect for the holiday trays or just for the family!!!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips (2 cups)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all base ingredients except marshmallows at low speed until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, heat corn syrup, margarine, vanilla and chips just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows.
- Spread to cover.
- Chill; cut into bars.
- Store covered.