Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a treat. If you're a nut lover this is wonderful.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips (2 cups)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all base ingredients except marshmallows at low speed until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, heat corn syrup, margarine, vanilla and chips just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and nuts.
- Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows.
- Spread to cover.
- Chill; cut into bars.
- Store covered.
These are absolutely fantastic. I have made these a number of times and they are always a hit. One time in college I made these and while snowed in my friends and I devoured a whole pan. Wonderful cobination of sweet and salty. Perfect for the holiday trays or just for the family!!!!!
Excellent Recipe! I make this same bar cookie, but instead of using a cake mix, I use the ingredients listed in "Pillsbury Family Gathering Recipe Book". (The ingedients appear to be equivalent to a cake mix). I throw in additional peanuts and rice krispies cause the topping can handle more. However, do not serve them on a warm day. They must be kept cold. You can even eat them out of the freezer.
This was soooo good!!!!! I love salted nut rolls - they are probably my favorite candy bar. I was so pleased to find these. The cake layer doesn't stand out to me, but the whole candy together is fabulous and very much like the candy bar. Half way through the recipe I found I didn't have peanut butter chips, so I used white chocolate chips. It was delicious, and I'm thinking using regular chocolate chips would also produce an excellent result. The only trouble with them is that I can't stop eating them!