Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
Crunchy,peanutty and chewy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, egg yolks, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat mixture with an electric mixer until crumbly.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over the surface. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in the rice cereal and peanuts. Immediately spread the cereal mixture over the marshmallow layer.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours. Cut into bars.
sally loves these really good
WOW these are SO good.I'm going to be making these again!!