Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
These are reminiscent of a popular candy bar and are sure to be a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips (2 cups)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients except marshmallows and stir at low speed until crumbly.
- Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff.
- Cool while preparing topping.
- In a large saucepan, combine all topping ingredients except cereal and peanuts; heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts.
- Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars.
thank you sharon for posting this recipe , it was in mr pickys moms cook book . and at least you have instructions . ive put on 30 of her recipes and my eyes are crossing lol she is an awesome cook and her recipes are different
I was really expecting greatness after reading the reviews. I thought the crust was kind of out of place. The topping was great and may have been better on its own. Thanks for the recipe.
Oh My...these are so awesome. I love the taste of sweet/salty anything and these are perfect for just such a craving. Reminds me of a PayDay Candybar. Thanks for a winner/keeper Sharon. Made for ZaarStars.