Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried it yet. Looks good though.
- 3 cups salted peanuts, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (12 oz.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place half the peanuts in an ungreased 11x7x2 pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter chips over low heat.
- Add milk and marshmallows, cook and stir until melted.
- Pour over the peanuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanuts on top.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars.
This was very good and very rich. I made mine in a 13x9 pan.
Payday is my favorite candy bar so I was anxious to try this recipe. The stirred mixture is quite thick, so when I poured it over the bottom layer of nuts, it all just glumped together. I spread it out as much as I could, but it was not a pretty sight. That aside, we thought the peanut butter chips were overpowering. Maybe adding more marshmallows would help to tone that down, but I will not likely try again.
This is very good and fast to make. I made this a couple of times with in a three day period for holiday quests. I found that you need to drizzle the mixture over the nuts making sure to cover entire layer, this is easy enough to do if the mixture is warm. I prefer to lightly coat the pan first with oil, (just a fear factor for me :-) Also prefer to use almost 2 jars of nuts because I like all of the nugget on the top and bottom completely covered with peanuts just like the salted nut role candy bars. I too used a 13X9 pan. Will be making more soon I am sure!