Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family likes peanut butter cookies and rice krispies treats, this is a nice combo of them.
- 1 lb peanut butter sandwich cookie, coarsley crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- -Preheat oven to 350 F; coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- -Pulverize cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter; process until crumbs clump together. Press crumbs into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
- -Melt peanut butter chips, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup of the peanut minture over crumb base.
- -Top with marshmallows and return bars to the oven. Bake until marshmallows puff, about 2 minutes, then remove from oven. Don't let marshmallows brown or they'll turn crunchy.
- -Toss peanuts and cereal with remaining peanut mixture to coat. Drop spoonsful of the topping over the marshmallows, then spread with a spatula (sprayed with nonstick coating). cool bars before cutting with a knife coated with nonstick spray.
Excellent recipe. Took them to a Halloween Party and they were a hit. One of the best for the peanut lovers out there.
Yummy! I made these bars and they were very simple to make! I got lots of compliments on them. If you like salted nut-roll candy bars, here's a great recipe to make!