Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the yummiest candy recipes from my mom's collection. I like it with pecans, but it was meant for cashews or peanuts. I'm guessing any salted nut would be fabulous!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 14 ounces caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups chopped salted nuts
- Mix center well kneading till smooth, it will seem very dry.
- Shape into 8 rolls, roll them in wax paper.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Melt caramels with water and beat well.
- Roll logs in caramel and then into chopped nuts.
- Keep in an airtight plastic container lined with wax paper and keep refrigerated.
- Keeps 2-4 weeks.
- Prep time is to make them only -- not freezer time.
Delicious! I used homemade caramel.
This is YUMMY. I had some trouble with the caramel staying viable long enough for the nuts to stick, and I used salted cashews that I chopped, just for a different take on the whole thing, and they taste wonderful! The nougat is indeed quite dry, I used a pastry cutter and then kneaded by hand and it turned out exactly as it should be. Thanks homegirl,it's so much better than store-bought!
This is a little extra work, but well worth it! I doubled the complete recipe as I will be giving some away this weekend, but I got less than 16 rolls, these are just way too delicious! thanks for sharing homegirl, great recipe hon!...Kitten:)