Recipe by LAURIE
Yummy bar that tastes "grown-up." Originally came from a Pillsbury cookie booklet but I think that I've modified that slightly. Been making them so long I can't remember!
Top Review by Connie Gervais
Excellent and super fast and easy. Used Honey Roasted Peanuts and it turned out great. Makes a big batch so was able to bring to my work and my husband was able to take some to his.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened divided 3/4 and 1/4 cups
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and 3/4 cup margarine mixing well.
- Press into greased 15 x 10 jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle nuts over crust.
- In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, 1/4 cup margarine, water and chips.
- Boil 2 minutes, stir constantly.
- Pour over nuts and crust.
- Return to oven and bake 10-12 minutes more until just browned.
- Cool and cut into bars.